Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Our commitment is to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our guests and staff and we have been carefully preparing to welcome guests back. With safety protocols in mind, as outlined by WorkSafe BC, Provincial and Federal health authorities, we have implemented the following temporary operational changes:
- We have waived our cancellation fee for all reservations due to arrive within our cancellation period for cancellations due to COVID-19 travel restrictions or illness.. Guests will be given a full deposit refund or the option to convert their deposit to a gift certificate to use at a later date. All other reservations will be subject to our regular cancellation policy.
- We have updated our cancellation policy to 7 days prior to arrival and a non-refundable one night's room and tax deposit will be taken 7 days prior to arrival.
- Operations and staffing levels will be at a minimum to ensure safe social distancing
- We have implemented a contact-less check-in and check-out process
- Plexiglass protection screens have been installed at the Front Desk and guests are asked to maintain social distance protocols of 2 meters when in public areas.
- The evening appetizer buffet is suspended until further notice and appetizers will be pre-plated for each room
- Breakfast will be served with social distancing measures and health protocols in mind. Seating in the breakfast room will be limited. Guests will have the option to sign up for a specific breakfast seating or have breakfast delivered to their room at no charge. The breakfast time has been adjusted to 7:00am - 10:00am.
- Room cleaning will take place at check-out only. If guests require service during their stay, a basket of fresh towels, linens and amenities will be placed outside the room. Bags will be provided in guestrooms for dirty linens and towels to be left outside the room.
- Deep cleaning of guest rooms following every departure. There will be a settling period of 24 hours after the room has been deep cleaned before the next check-in.
- All soft amenities such as spare blankets, decorative pillows, guestbooks and in-room binders will be removed from guestrooms. Our in-room binder will be available to view on our website.
- All-day disinfecting of public surfaces including door handles, railings and furniture
- All-day disinfecting of individual items such as room keys in between guest use, pens, credit card machine, phones and keyboards
- Guests are required to sanitize their hands when entering the lobby. Hand sanitizer at various locations throughout the hotel.
- All staff will wear face masks or face shields and have received extra training and review on proper disinfecting and hand-washing. We also have extensive policies and preventative measures for staying healthy.
Our commitment is to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns or questions.
Recommendations for COVID-19
We encourage you to follow recommendations as provided by provincial health authorities, to reduce the likelihood of catching the virus, which include:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- avoid others who are unwell
- stay home when you are sick
- avoid greeting with handshakes and consider greeting or acknowledgments hands-free, such as a wave
- the most important thing you can do to prevent coronavirus and other illnesses is to wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Wear a face mask when social distancing can not be maintained.
For the most updated information on COVID-19 and travel restrictions, please refer to the following sites, or your local health authority: