BC Provincial Health Update June 15th, 2021
On June 15th, 2021, BC moved to step 2 of its restart plan, allowing BC residents to travel throughout the province. We look forward to welcoming visitors from the rest of Canada as of July 1st when the province moves to step 3.
Our commitment is to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our guests and staff and we have been carefully preparing to welcome guests back. With safety protocols in mind, as outlined by WorkSafe BC, Provincial and Federal health authorities, we have implemented the following temporary operational changes:
- Masks or face coverings are required when in our public spaces. Should you need a mask, please see a Guest Service Agent and one can be provided.
- We have waived our cancellation fee for all reservations due to arrive within our cancellation period (7 days prior to arrival) for cancellations due to COVID-19 travel restrictions or illness.
- We will no longer be charging an advance deposit for reservations.
- Operations and staffing levels will be at a minimum to ensure safe social distancing.
- We have implemented a contact-less check-in and check-out process.
- Plexiglass protection screens have been installed at the Front Desk and guests are asked to maintain social distance protocols of 2 meters when in public areas.
- The evening appetizer buffet is suspended until further notice and appetizers will be pre-plated for each room.
- Breakfast will be served with social distancing measures and health protocols in mind. Seating in the breakfast room will be limited. Guests will have the option to sign up for a specific breakfast seating or have breakfast delivered to their room at no charge. The breakfast time has been adjusted to 7:00am – 10:00am.
- Room cleaning will take place at check-out only. If guests require service during their stay, a basket of fresh towels, linens and amenities will be placed outside the room. Bags will be provided in guestrooms for dirty linens and towels to be left outside the room.
- Deep cleaning of guest rooms following every departure. There will be a settling period of 24 hours after the room has been deep cleaned before the next check-in.
- All soft amenities such as spare blankets, decorative pillows, guestbooks and in-room binders will be removed from guestrooms. Our in-room binder will be available to view on our website.
- All-day disinfecting of public surfaces including door handles, railings and furniture
- All-day disinfecting of individual items such as room keys in between guest use, pens, credit card machine, phones and keyboards.
- Guests are required to sanitize their hands when entering the lobby. Hand sanitizer at various locations throughout the hotel.
- All staff will wear face masks or face shields and have received extra training and review on proper disinfecting and hand-washing. We also have extensive policies and preventative measures for staying healthy.
Our commitment is to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns or questions.