Abigail's Hotel Policies
Checking In /Checking Out
- Check-in time: 3pm
- Check-out time: 11am
Our ability to accommodate requests for early check-in or late check-out is based on hotel occupancy and our staffing levels during that particular day. We try to be as accommodating as possible; however, there are some days when flexibility to our normal times simply cannot be acheived. Please notify the front desk of your request as soon as possible during your stay.
Abigail's Hotel Rates and Booking Policies
- Rates are based on double occupancy, a $30 charge applies for each additional guest thereafter
- We do not accept reservations from individuals under the age of 21
- All room rates are quoted in Canadian funds and are subject to municipal, provincial and federal taxes. Quoted tax rates are subject to change and if any US rates are quoted, they are approximate due to fluctuations in the exchange rate
- A credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express) is required to confirm all bookings
- Upon booking the first night's stay (plus tax) is charged to confirm the reservation
Effective November 1st, 2012 we introduced an "adult oriented" policy whereby all subsequent bookings require children to be a minimum age of 13 in order to stay with us. Accordingly, children ages 13 and older are considered adults for purposes of occupancy when staying in a room with their parents.
This was a difficult policy change for us as we have had many wonderful and well behaved young children stay with us over the years. However a few exceptional circumstances have required us to make changes which will ensure the serenity of all of our guests during their stay and we now no longer permit young children. Accordingly:
- Abigail's is an adult oriented hotel. The minimum age for all hotel guests is 13 years of age.
- Children 13 years of age and older are considered adults for purposes of our rates/charges
Effective November 1st, 2012 we are no longer a "pet friendly" property. Accordingly, for all subsequent bookings received, no pets of any kind are permitted to stay at Abigail's.
Again, this was a difficult policy change for us as we have had many wonderful and well behaved pets stay with us over the years. However, a few exceptional circumstances have required us to make changes which will ensure the serenity of all of our guests during their stay and we now no longer permit pets.
- Abigail's has a 14-day cancellation policy
- Abigail's guests will be given a refund for any cancellations made 14 days prior to arrival, however a $30+tax service charge will apply
- For cancellations received within 14 days of arrival, full charges will be applied for the total amount of the booking
Our cancellation policy exists to protect our customers as well as the hotel. Unlike industry practice, Abigail's does not believe in 'overselling' its rooms whereby certain other properties factor in a cancellation contingency and continue to sell more rooms than they actually have. Sometimes this practice works for them, other times guests arrive from distant locations only to find they must be escorted to another property - which, as you can imagine, is disastrous. To hedge our exposure from not overselling rooms, we must give ourselves a cancellation notification period that allows for a reasonable 'booking window' to re-sell a cancelled room.
- Abigail's is a 100% non-smoking property. We have outdoor space where smoking is permitted. Anyone found smoking in their rooms or in our common spaces will be subject to a $200 penalty charge and may be liable for additional fee's in the event their rooms go out of service for treatment and cannot be resold.