The Abigail's Hotel was built in 1930 and opened as a hotel in 1985. Interested? Read more facts here.
906 McClure Street
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada V8V 3E7
250 388 5363 (Hotel Phone Number)
800 561 6565 (Toll Free Phone Number)
250 388 7787
Originally built in the 1930’s as a Tudor revival-style apartment building, Abigail’s was originally known as “the Bessborough” apartments. Named after Vere Brabazon Ponsonby, ninth Earl of Bessborough, who was governor general of Canada from 1931 until 1935. Derived from the half-timbered houses of the 16th and 17th centuries with irregular shapes, steeply pitched roofs, multi-paned windows and rough-hewn materials the BessBorough was originally an eight-suite luxury apartment building.
Located at the end of a residential cul-de-sac on McClure Street, Abigail’s is just three blocks to downtown Victoria's stunning inner harbour area. Abigail’s unique location offers the tranquility of a country retreat right in the heart of romantic downtown Victoria. Steps from our central location you will find many of Victoria's popular attractions including the Royal BC Museum, Craigdarroch Castle, city tours, whale watching and kayaking adventures as well as fine restaurants, theatres and concert halls.
23 guest rooms in total, over six different classification categories:
- 4 Amethyst Rooms (Standard category)
- 5 Ruby rooms (Deluxe category)
- 4 Opal rooms (Superior category)
- 2 Rose rooms (Superior category)
- 6 Emerald rooms (Superior category)
- 2 Sapphire rooms (Premiere category)
17 rooms are located in the Main House, 6 rooms are located in the Coach House. 12 of our 23 rooms have wood burning fireplaces and 2 have natural gas fireplaces. All of our wood burning fireplace rooms are stocked with 2-hour burning ready-logs.
Room rates start at $159 during low-season
Abigail’s is a 23-room boutique bed and breakfast hotel located in romantic downtown Victoria, BC. Housed in a distinguished 1930’s Tudor style mansion, Abigail’s blends the romance and charm of the past with all the comforts and conveniences of the modern world. Changes to the hotel are made on a yearly basis to keep current with modern hospitality trends. Despite such changes, we have been careful to preserve the heritage atmosphere of this unique building. European furnishings with antiques, rich fabrics and warm colours, fresh flowers, fine art and stained glass – our interior design helps to create that ‘special experience’ that remains respectful of the beauty and luxury of our history, blended with the sophisticated modern comforts of the present.
Food & Beverage:
Abigail’s offers a three-course breakfast every morning from a menu that changes daily, as well as complimentary evening hors d’oeuvres with all direct hotel bookings. The hotel does not have a full-service restaurant. Given the vast selection of high quality restaurants in Victoria, you’ll come to appreciate the various flavours and culinary treats that are all within short walking distance of the hotel. Whenever possible Abigail’s uses local and/or organically sourced product.
In Room Amenities:
- Beautiful marble en-suite bathrooms with a variety of different bathtub configurations, including jetted baths, soaker claw foot tubs or rain-can shower heads
- Luxurious duvets, pillows and bathrobes
- Flat screen television
- DVD player (complimentary DVD collection in the library)
- iPod/iPhone speaker dock alarm clocks
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary water bottles upon arrival
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Complimentary local phone calls
- Fresh cut flowers in each room
- Daily gourmet breakfast included in all direct bookings
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres served nightly from 5 to 7pm
- 24-hour Library Lounge with daily newspapers, board games, DVD selection and books. Wine, beer and champagne service also available.
- 24-hour concierge / front desk service
- 24 hour tea and coffee stations
- Freshly baked cookies upon arrival
- Complimentary parking
- Free of charge guest computer/printer located off the lobby
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning